Saturday, September 1, 2012

Bijapur, Karnataka to Solapur, Maharashtra

It was a late start from Bijapur. Not much of views in the beginning and the road was busy with trucks.

Couple of motorbike guys stopped me and few others passing by joined in, wondering what was happening. Again, it was a story telling session for me. By seeing the bicycle, they were asking about its different components. Some of them were very eager to play with the cycle gear, wondering what would happen. Some said I could have rode on motorbike, instead of a bicycle. I just smiled back.

An old farmer on the road side smiled at me and asked if I was coming from outer space. Seemed like, with a bicycle helmet and a raincoat on, I resembled an astronaut.

Clouds were just hanging around in the sky. It was getting hot and I wished for a rain, but it didn't happen.


Entered Solapur town by evening. Stopped to have coconut water. A young boy was selling the coconut. He couldn't believe that I was cycling from Bangalore. I was very tired and my bums and back were in lot of pain. Asked direction towards the Railway station, to find a cheap accommodation for night stay.

Solapur is pretty much a developed town. I was cycling towards the railway station and was stopped by few auto-rickshaw drivers. After having a chat with them, they directed me to the best place for the night stay within my budget.

It was time for another heavy dinner and I refueled myself with a  delicious thali along with few vada pav and bananas.

Prior to the sleep, I was getting a burning sensation on the top of my palm; seemed like it was heavily sunburned from past few days of riding under the sun. A hand glove could have helped to avert the sunburn, but I didn't buy one, thinking that it's of no use.So another piece of lesson learned on importance of hand glove.

Today was also the end of Karnataka ride and beginning of Maharashtra.


No comments:

Post a Comment