Thursday, September 20, 2012

Rupnagar, Punjab

It's time to find a breakfast point before the ride and I went to near by bus station where I saw a restaurant with many people. Being from South India, It was a new style breakfast for me. Paratha, curd and butter. Those butter slices were too big for me. Seems like butter was inexpensive, since they kept serving on when I asked for more.

Being a city, I thought of giving the bike a check up before leaving further. Found the address of the nearest bike shop with the help of my sister who was far away in South; thanks to internet & google search.

I was riding in Chandigarh city and was amazed by the planning of this city; so well planned and green. Found the bike shop with help of few rickshaw drivers. Finally, I bought front light for my bike after many days of riding in the dark and the bike shop did a free bike check-up. The mechanic told that they went to Leh, Ladakh for biking last week and mountain passes were still open. Manali-Leh road remains closed for ceratin time of year when winter starts and snowfall becomes heavy.

My riding target of the day was to reach Rupnagar, a small town in Punjab. Chandigarh city limits were big. It took me 13km of ride to finally get out of city and find the signboard showing Rupnagar. It was a beautiful ride to Rupnagar!

No comments:

Post a Comment