Sunday, September 9, 2012

Dhamnod to Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh

Another day with rain, climbs and pot hole massager roads. It never feels better than riding in the rain. Today I passed through the Mandu hills, with lot of villagers staring at me. I felt as if I was not welcome in their villages.


Mandu hills felt very much deserted and almost like a forest. I could see ruins of palaces, children playing cricket, herds of cow, ladies carrying loads of firewood on their head.


The ride through Mandu was always accompanied by peacocks crying and flying here and there; although couldn't watch them dance. Later on, I got company of two kids who where enjoying their holiday and cycling towards a water stream near by for a swim.


Mandu climbs soon got over and I was greeted by more bad roads. The roads were nice massagers, with me shaking and shivering for hours on the bicycle; had to stand up from the seat to aerate by bum many times.

Nearing Ratlam rain became heavy and I felt awesome. Today it was another long ride with 154 km in total.

In Ratlam town, many people stopped me to have a chat, to know what I was doing and also to have a look at the bicycle. Kids commented : "Arey woh dekho gear waali cycle" ("hey look there is a geared bicycle"). Some gentlemen were keen on counting the number of gears on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment