Sunday, September 23, 2012

Manali, Himachal Pradesh

The original plan was to reach Kullu and the plan B was to ride till Manali. It was a smooth ride, very good road and panoramic mountains surrounding me.



Two young men stopped near Pandoh dam and one of them said "I have seen many white people cycling this way. It's good to see a crazy countrymen men like you doing this crazy stuff".I smiled at their comment, had a short chat with them and kept riding on.
I reached Kullu and my bum was very sore. I knew once again I have endure all the pain, if I had to reach Manali. I started for Manali. Yet another adventurous (perhaps I'm fool enough to say that) ride in the darkness of the night, under poor visibility. But yeah, I reached Manali and it was 9:00pm. Found a budget place to stay. My stomach flu had began to subside.

Went out to Manali town. Had some Momos(first time in my life) and a cup of hot 'Gulab Jamuns'.
I will take a rest day in Manali and start the most sought after ride, for adventure junkies, the Manali-Leh cycling.


No comments:

Post a Comment