Sunday, September 16, 2012

Behror, Rajasthan

Riding through busy streets and old fort gates, I leave Jaipur city. Accompanied by trucks and cars, I ride next to many farms and farms houses.
Reached Behror before sunset. The only place I found to stay was a "Dharamsala", a lodging facility provided by a Hindu temple. There were 7 old men sitting outside the Dharamsala and one of them was the caretaker of this Dharamsala. I asked if it's possible for me to spend a night there and the caretaker said yes. I paid 50 ruppees for the night, with a very basic room and a common bath outside. There were lot of other pilgrims in there, spending a night before continuing their own pilgrimage. I was also a pilgrim, on a pilgrimage to find the unknown inside me.

Freshening up, I went to a small restaurat and had 7 seven rotis, with sabji(vegetable curry) and kadi(yoghurt curry). The roti's were very different in size and taste, from the one's I had till now; they were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment