Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Beed to Aurangabad, Maharashtra

Morning ride to Aurangabad was hectic, with many trucks and cars honking at me and I had to get off the bicycle now and then.

At the beginning of the ride, one guy on motorbike who saw me while riding in opposite direction, took a U turn and came to me. He was curious if I was cycling with any message, religious or anything else. I said that my cycling journey is the message; I share my story with people I meet on road and I wish I could inspire them to follow their heart to fulfill their own dreams.

A soon as I left the Beed town limits and entered into the villages, I was treated with wonderful views of little green hills.


In between, a motorbike guy near one village junction stopped me and inquired about my bicycle trip. Soon a kid came to me asking for a test drive on the bicycle. I was hesitant to give the bicycle, but the people gathered around forced me to do so. The kid took a round, followed by an adult taking the bicycle to spin around.


Met two teachers on motorbike, 30km ahead of Aurangabad. We had a chat while riding and they left wishing me good luck. Soon, a marketing executive working for a fertilizer company said hello to me and invited me for a cup of tea. He was curios to know, if I have been interviewed by any news media and was about to call his friend working for a news channel. I said that I'm not doing this for any media attention.

Met couple of engineering students at the lodge I stayed for the night. They asked me lot of questions about the bicycle journey. They said about their plan for a Ladakh ride on motorbike, but ride on a bicycle that long was unthinkable for them. One of them took a picture along with me.

For most of the people I met on road till now, doing a solo ride was unimaginable, once they analyze the risks on road. But I had turned off the risk analysis part in my brain before this journey.

Today the bicycle crossed 1000km, I guess a  milestone for bicycle and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment