Monday, September 17, 2012

Rohtak, Haryana

Again cycled on really bad, bumpy roads from Rewari to Jhajjar. Lots of highway road construction going on and I had to take deviations, one after the other.

It was early morning traffic-jam in small town of Rewari. I got really pissed-off one time when an auto-rickshaw driver bumped on my rear wheel. He did is again and I stopped and pulled my bicycle to one side of the road and asked him to rush to hell :-). I was angry, but soon came in terms by saying myself that I cannot expect all people to be nice towards me.

When I reached Rohtak town, asked a police officer for a lodge around and he said something which I could hear properly. I just rode to a place where he pointed to and found a small lodge( which was under renovation) for the night's stay.

I was very tired by the time I reached the lodge.

I was riding for more than 10 hours and at one moment, I heard a cracking sound from my left leg knee. I was climbing an overbridge just before Rohtak town. Something had gone wrong with my knee. I felt like my knee cap was rubbing on thigh bone and also I couldn't pedal the bike; it seemed to me that I had lost my power to pedal with left leg. I had overworked my knee, I knew. I never trained on bike before this trip and I had just began biking few days back, after a gap of 10 years. I never rode a bicycle every day for 100km on a average, day after after. My legs were pushed to their limits. I thought, will I be able to ride the rest of my journey to foothills of Himalaya?


No comments:

Post a Comment