Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ajanta to Jalgaon, Maharashtra

Rode to Ajanta caves by 9:00 am. I had been informed that seeing Ajanta caves will take anywhere between 3-5 hours. Although, tourist spots were not a priority in my travel, but just wanted to give Ajanta a try since it was off-season.

Road towards the caves from the checkpoint was peaceful and only authorized buses were allowed to pass through. I liked that fact that they also allowed bicycles to go in.


I was the first customer to reach the cave ticket counter. An archeological guide named Vishal approached me and started saying about the services he can offer. What I wanted was a safe place to park my bicycle and didn't want people to play on it. Vishal said he will look after the bicycle while I walk around the caves.


Inside caves it was tranquil and I felt the silence just penetrating into me.
"Budham sharanam gachaami, dharmam sharanam gachaami"



I had a quick view of caves by walking around for 3 hours and later, walked up to the viewpoint   and got a better view of waterfall near to caves. The local guide said that waterfall had seven steps and was nature-made. I was amazed when a local guide told me that the whole Ajanta caves were dug out from the hill. Towards the end of cave walk, more souvenir sellers came to me and I ended up buying some needless stuff.

Reached Jalgaon by evening and it was raining there. Found a lodge near railway station. The lodge owner said to have dinner "Thali" from Arya Nivas restaurant, and I found it to be second best dinner I had till now. The best was from MTDC hotel in Ajanta.

1 comment:

  1. I had visited Aganta caves at 1999 it was so wonderful and nice ancient place.

    ReplyDelete