Monday, September 10, 2012

Ratlam to Mandsaur, Madhya Pradesh

Today was the day of onions; I was riding through many onion farms, onions on tractor, onions on truck, onion markets and even piles of rotten onion by the road side.


Then suddenly I heard two men calling out loud. They were working on an onion farm and I was riding a bicycle. I stopped hearing them call me.They came running to me and asked if I had water to drink. Seemed quite unusual for me. They were very thirsty; I gave them the 2 ltr water bottle that I had hung on the bicycle and continued my ride. Made me wonder, did I ride all this way to reach that place at that particular time so that I could provide some water to two thirsty farmers?

Another youngster came to me and asked, " Why I am giving so much pain to myself by riding a bicycle, all this way, all alone". I thought may be I found a pleasure in this pain.

Tomorrow I will hit the roads of Rajasthan.

2 comments:

  1. There are a lot of things which happen when you let yourselves be guided by nature... In retrospect you will like the dots were getting connected... And yes they were ought to get connected, since you let nature guide you and be a part of a grand scheme :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I'm trying to connect unknown dots these days and your words came right on time.

      Delete