Saturday, September 15, 2012

@ Jaipur

After a good sleep, I woke up with great hope. I was in Jaipur and now I can get a spare tube.I started pushing bike from hotel, in search of the bike shop.

Located the bike shop after few calls to the shop owner. When I reached there, it was 9:30am and bike shop was not open yet.

I was standing outside the bike shop. Seeing a stranger in pink city, with a bike and loaded carrier, people near by the shop gathered, thinking what am I doing? And now, yet another conversation with people began.

Seema, a lady from near by "chai" shop, who was among the people I spoke to, invited me to her shop, just to sit, relax and chat, until the bike guy comes and opens the bike store. Seema was an entrepreneur, trying her hands in 2-3 small scale business. She said: "I never believed stuff shown on adventure TV channels. But hearing your journey, I think, people do crazy things like this".

My search for inner peace through a bicycle tour, may seem crazy to others, but never to me.

Soon Sanjay Bhai, the bike shop owner came and opened the store. I spent a day in the store, where they serviced my bike, changed tires and made it ready for the ultimate challenge, "Manali to Leh ride".

Sanjay was a Jain and he arranged a Jain rest house for me to stay for the night. I started to the rest house by 8:00pm, saying good-bye to Sanjay and thanking him for all the help with the bike.
Reaching the Jain rest house, the person in-charge asked: What's your name? and what's your surname?
Further, he said I cannot stay in this rest house, since it was meant only for Jain people and I'm not a Jain. I started to wonder what religion has done to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment