Friday, September 7, 2012

Jalgaon to Shirpur, Maharashtra

Today's plan was to take a shortcut through Asigarh hills and ride to Khargone. However, I was apprehensive about the route and was thinking to change the plan.

In the morning, I was figuring out how to get out of Jalgaon. Met Mr. Kulkarni, a police inspector. He offered me a tea and asked questions about my journey. After the tea he rode with me for short time, showing me the way to enter the National Highway towards Chopda.

Nearing Chopda, a dog started running beside me. From my experience, dogs don't like strangers in their village and I thought this dog also wanted to chase me out of the village I was riding through. But it appeared that the dog just wanted to run with me. I was cycling and dog was running. Once dog was tired, it would slow down and would catch up with me again. This went for around 4kms and the dog finally gave up when another dog on the roadside barked at him.

On the way I met two ex-military guys. We had a little chat and I asked them the way towards Asigarh hills. One of them suggested that I go through Shirpur, instead of taking Asigarh route as the route is not pleasant with chances of me getting looted. Although I was doubtful of taking up the hilly route in the morning, but after hearing from this guy, I was pretty much sure of not taking the Hilly route and rode to Shirpur instead.

It was 4:30pm and I was few kms away from Shirpur. An old man joined me with his bicycle. He was going back home after his daily work. He rode with me till Shirpur town.

At the entry point of Shirpur, three guys on one motorbike saw me, enquired what I was doing on a bicycle and commented "Aap jaise log bhi is duniya me hain kya ?". (Does people like you exist in this world?).


No comments:

Post a Comment