Friday, September 21, 2012

Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh

I never had a clue how today's ride was going to be. Started a bit late from Rupnagar, since my stomach was little upset. I was riding next to Sutlej river for a while; it was beautiful.




Soon I was welcomed to Himachal Pradesh, with a never ending climb to a small town called Swarghat. The climb was tough with really bad roads, trucks passing by and on top of all, my bad stomach. It seemed to be a stomach flu and I realised that I'm having diarrhea. But I kept climbing. At one point, I couldn't control my bad stomach, ran into the bush and flushed out. I was really tired now and was nearing a stage that I may faint and fall. I lied down on the road side next to a Hanuman temple and fell asleep or perhaps blacked out. I woke up after sometime, with little energy. I was only drinking water and didn't feel like eating since my stomach was having problems. I pushed my bike for more than an one hour and to reach the hilltop of Swarghat. I was out of water, my throat was dry and I could hardly feel saliva in my mouth. Drank some water with banana sitting at one side of the road. A cow came to me and wanted to have some banana as well; I gave couple of banana's to this cow and started to roll down the hill to Bilaspur.

Night had fallen, it was pitch black and I had not reached my destination yet. There were no street lights on road. I switched on my tiny front light bought from Chandigarh bike shop and was riding on rocks, broken roads and mountains edges. It was a risky ride as well; I had slipped and fell couple of times due to poor visibility. However, I had to reach Bilaspur and kept saying to mind that nothing will stop me from reaching there.

The roads were really worse today. With my illness, this ride was the toughest one I had done till now. My cycle computer reads: 93km with 9.5 hours spent on saddle.


No comments:

Post a Comment