Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Karnal, Haryana

I woke up feeling fresh and ready to face the roads. Was searching around for breakfast and found one shop which was just opening. The shopkeeper offered bread omlet and milk tea. The town of Rohtak had hardly woke up and I wanted to leave the town before the traffic swallows me.

I started riding and once again my problem with left knee started to pop up. I had to take breaks and rest my left leg before I could bike any further. Amazingly, I had no pain when this was happening. It was just that I temporarily lose my power to pedal with left leg and things became alright after resting my leg for 5-10 minutes. I understood that I cannot power my left leg to it's max and will have to ride carefully without pushing to it's max power.

My bum was badly sore today.

I reached Karnal by early afternoon. Karnal, a beautiful and clean town. I saw a big park with people walking and children playing. I heard songs from hindu temple praising epic characters Rama & Hanuman. I saw people going to Gurudwara, with sikh men wearing turbans.

One thing that struck me today was the size of buffalos in Haryana. Boy, they were really huge. It was great to see lot of mechanisation in villages of Haryana, quite a contrast to many other villages I saw during my ride.

Today I have time to take good rest. I'm going to explore this town on foot.


No comments:

Post a Comment