Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chandigarh

Leaving the town of Karnal, the plan was to reach Ambala and call it a day. I entered the town limits of Ambala and it was 5:45pm. I haven't entered the city centre yet and asked one of the Sardar walking on how far is Chandigarh. He said it may take 2 hours on bicycle. I was hapy to hear and thought to pushing off towards Chandigarh.

It was highway and I was speeding to reach Chandigarh. It was 08:30pm when I finally ended up in there. Being a well developed city, I just overlooked the fact of finding a cheap stay in Chandigarh. A modest lodge quoted me a price of Rs. 2650 per night. I said I can spend max of Rs. 1000 for a night and he offered me the room. I just learned to keep away from main cities while taking a trip and you are on a budget. It was the most expensive room of my whole ride till now.

Oh yes, I saw the costliest bottle of Aquafina drinking water bottle, with price printed as Rs. 30 for 1 litre bottle; couldn't believe it at my first sight.

Above all, Chandigarh has separate lanes for 2 wheelers, which was something new for me. Time to forget all pain and have a good sleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment