Monday, August 27, 2012

Chitradurga to Haveri , Karnataka

It was raining for last two days in Chitradurga and I was in lodge room all time. Finally, the rain took a pause one fine morning and I was back on the road. The lodge guys had allowed me to park the bicycle in their store room; however security of bike was always a concern for me. Bicycle seemed ok, when I took it out of store room, but when I started riding the gear sounded like it was getting stuck. Seems like someone played with the gears while bike was parked in store room. So, a lesson learned; next time try to keep bike along with me if I stayed in a hotel/lodge or better take room in a lodge if they allow bicycle to be kept in the room itself.

It was raining lightly all the day and wow... I was riding in the rain. Pitching a tent in rain didn't seem good idea for me and I continued riding towards Haveri, a small town, thinking that I could find a lodge there, to stay for the night.I reached Haveri by 9:00pm. The night ride was bit of a adventure; I didn't have the front lights on the bicycle and was riding on the National highway with the help of headlight beams from fellow trucks and cars.

I had taken only minimal things for the tour and my bike accessories included only a multitool and puncture kit. I didn't have even the spare tubes since they were unavailable and also thought travelling minimally will add to my adventure and also help me cycle better with only less load to carry.

Finally, found a lodge in Haveri (guess that was the only one). The hotel rooms were unclean, but had no other choice since it was raining. Only positive about hotel was they allowed me to keep my bicycle inside the room.



No comments:

Post a Comment